Mary Jemison Dining Hall was built in 1960. Named in honor of Mary Jemison (1742-1833), a white woman who lived as one of the Senecas after being kidnapped by them as a child. Letchworth Dining Hall was built in 1965 and is named for William Pryor Letchworth (1823-1910). A Western New York businessman and philanthropist, his interests included Native American archaeology, the fine arts, and care of epileptics, the mentally ill, and the poor. Red Jacket Dining hall was built in 1967. It is named to honor Red Jacket (ca. 1758-1830), Seneca chief and orator who opposed the sale of Western New York Indian land to the whites in the late 1700's.
Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing.