- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and KnightScholar
Who Can Submit?
Articles in Proceedings of GREAT Day are selected through a nomination process. Faculty sponsors nominate high-quality student work from GREAT Day, and the editors of Proceedings of GREAT Day accept (or reject) papers from those nominations. Students who wish to have their work published in Proceedings of GREAT Day should discuss this option with their faculty sponsor.
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to Proceedings of GREAT Day, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at Proceedings of GREAT Day. If you have concerns about the submission terms for Proceedings of GREAT Day, please contact the editors.
Proceedings of GREAT Day has no general rules about the formatting of articles upon initial submission. However, the editors of Proceedings of GREAT Day prefer articles to be in APA format. See Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for recommended formatting. Although bepress can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to produce an electronic version of the article as a Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Open Document or or RTF file that can be converted to a PDF file.
Rights for Authors and KnightScholar
Authors who publish with Proceedings of GREAT Day agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant Proceedings of GREAT Day right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in Proceedings of GREAT Day.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access).
- Authors represent that the work is original and does not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Authors understand and agree that the work is subject to non-substantive changes and editing by, or at the direction of, journal editors, including but not limited to copy editing and layout.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Proceedings of GREAT Day is published under a Creative Commons Attribution License; the author and publication name should be attributed for any use.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the KnightScholar website and/or software agree not to misuse the KnightScholar service or software in any way.
The failure of KnightScholar to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between KnightScholar and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.